Liberty is a plant that requires constant tending. When times are hard, people tend to seek security in a more rigid identity, to redefine the past to support their position, and to see a threat in any diversity. There is a paranoid fear that a jealous tribal god will smite the nation with disaster if he is not worshipped in the same way by all. Whatever our faith may be, we cannot afford to take our freedom of worship for granted.
For the past decade, members of the religious right have been making a concerted and intentional effort to reshape America in its own image, using prayer to influence the American psyche as they manipulate politics to get their people into power, forgetting that the law that protects their faith is only strong because it protects others as well. The rights guaranteed by the First Amendment have been redefined as the right to practice their religion, speak and write their party line, and assemble to support their faith. This is the belief of a minority of Christians, but their influence has reached far.
However theirs is not the only “spiritual technology” which can be used to shape the consciousness of a nation. It is time for those of us who understand the technology of visualization and affirmation to use our skills to return this country, not to the left, but to the balanced center which allows freedom to both extremes.
This website is intended as a resource for those who would like to:
- know more about the people who founded our nation and what they intended its relationship to organized religion to be;
- identify and reclaim the symbols that represent crucial ideals of our nation;
- reclaim our national holidays as celebrations of the principles on which this country was founded;
- invoke the spirits of those who fought for liberty to help us retain it.
NB: If something on the map below is not a link, that’s because it’s not ready yet!
Calendar of Rituals and Celebrations
- Founders’ birthdays
- Presidents’ Day
- Memorial Day
- Flag Day
- Independence Day
- Samhain invocation
Rituals of Need and Celebration
Background and Concepts
- The Mighty Dead—honoring the ancestors
- Church and State
- Deism, Theism and American Religion
- The Masonic Connection
- The Founding Fathers (biographies and images)
- Songs (music and words)
- Map of Washington D.C.
- Photo gallery
- Events where Founders’ rites will be happening
- A Founders’ pilgrimage
- The Separation of Church and State
- The Faiths of the Founding Fathers
- The Book of the Founding Fathers
- Founding Mothers